Zoos and individuals who want to hold a live or virtual event or prepare social posts for the World Lemur Festival are encouraged to collaborate with a member of the Lemur Conservation Network. They can discuss what it is like to work in lemur conservation, threats that lemurs face, what is being done to save lemurs from extinction, and tell inspiring stories about Madagascar.
Examples of Great Collaborations
Collaboration between a Zoo and a Member Organization
The followers of a zoo in Iowa, USA may be curious to hear about lemur conservation in Facebook Live videos from an organization who is located near them. LCN has two member organizations located in Omaha, Nebraska: Conservation Fusion and the Madagascar Biodiversity Partnership. These organizations would make a great collaboration for zoos in states in the Midwest USA.
Collaboration between an Individual and a Member Organization
An individual located in California, USA may want to hold an online fundraiser or virtual chat about lemurs via Zoom for their friends and family. They could collaborate with an LCN member which is based in California, like Lemur Love, to learn lemur facts to share with friends. This would help the event goers learn more about lemurs, and the individual could make an agreed-upon donation to Lemur Love to thank them for their time.
View Members by Geographic Region
Most LCN members work in Madagascar, but many of them have affiliations or are based around the world. Browse all of our members, or find one based in your region below. Working with an organization in your region may help your followers relate and increase engagement.
- Centre ValBio, Stonybrook University, New York
- Wildlife Conservation Society, Bronx Zoo, New York
- MAHERY (Madagascar Health and Environmental Research) at Harvard University, Massachusetts
- Pennsylvania State University, Pennsylvania
- Louisiana Lemur Foundation, Louisiana
- Lemur Conservation Foundation, Florida
- Duke Lemur Center, Duke University, North Carolina
- Mad Dog Initiative, Virginia Tech University, Virginia
- Sadabe and Northern Illinois University, Illinois
- Conservation Fusion, Nebraska
- Madagascar Biodiversity Partnership (MBP), Omaha Zoo, Nebraska
- Madagascar Fauna and Flora Group, Saint Louis Zoo, Missouri
- Lemur Love, California
- Eden Reforestation Projects, California
- LEEP- University of Arizona, Arizona
- Rice University, Texas
- AEECL: Association Européenne pour l’Étude et la Conservation des Lémuriens, France
- German Primate Center, Germany
- Institute of Zoology, University of Veterinary Medicine Hannover, Lemur Conservation Biology working group, Germany
- University of Torino, Italy
- Mikajy Natiora
- WWF Madagascar
- Ny Tanintsika
- ONG Reniala Lemur Rescue Center
- Madagascar Lemurs Portal
- Madagascar Oasis
- Madagasikara Voakajy
- GERP: Groupe d’étude et de recherche sur les primates de Madagascar
- Halt Poverty Madagascar
- Biodiversity Conservation Madagascar
- University of Antananarivo
- Association Mitsinjo
Leap for lemurs on World Lemur Day! Learn, Share, and Act to Save Lemurs Together.