Thank you for celebrating lemurs with us for the 2022 World Lemur Festival and on World Lemur Day, Friday October 28, 2022!
2022 World Lemur Festival Event Map
Virtual Events from the Lemur Conservation Network
Scientific Talks in Malagasy
- Wednesday, October 26 at 10:30am Madagascar/3:30am EST, Live on LCN’s Facebook Live
Nirisoa Volana Raveloson:
Ireo Katsetsitra misy ao amin’ny Simpona ao amin’ny ala arovana Maromizaha
(Gastrointestinal parasites of Propithecus diadema in the new protected area of Maromizaha, East of Madagascar)
- Friday, October 28 at 6pm Madagascar/11am EST, Live on LCN’s Facebook Live
Fomba fiaina sy anjara asan’ny antsidy ao anaty ala mando
(Natural history and ecological roles of mouse lemurs in rainforests)
Scientific Talks in English
- Friday, October 28 at 2pm EST, Live on LCN’s Facebook Live
- Stephanie Canington: Wild Lemurs in America at Duke Lemur Center and St. Catherine’s Island
- Nicola Guthrie: Non-forest Habitats of the Jolly’s Mouse Lemur
- Coral Chell: Impact of Habitat Change on Coquerel’s Sifakas
- Launching Thursday, October 27
New Rewildology podcast episode with Lynne Venart of the Lemur Conservation Network
Travel virtually to Madagascar to learn about lemur conservation!
- Visit Mongabay Kids from October 24-28 to find lemur-themed facts, fun, and more!
- Celebrate World Lemur Festival with lots of fun ways to learn about lemurs for ages 6 to 12, created in partnership with the Lemur Conservation Network.
Events in Madagascar
Ministry of the Environment, Kirindy Forest, Morondava
- October 28 & 29: National Lemur Day
There will be a carnival, exhibition, and visit to Kirindy forest
Logo contest on Facebook October 17 to October 27
- Celebrating World Lemur Day
Large tree planting to restore critical lemur habitat in Montagne des Français and Kianjavato communities.
- October 27
7 am – 12 pm Fre National Park of Ranomafan tour for students and adults w
2 pm – 5 pm Talent competition for students to raise awareness of the importance of lemurs
2pm @ Tranompokonolona of Ranomafana (City Hall)
- October 28: Carnival & Parade
Starting at 9 am, the carnival will also include educational brochures, talks about lemurs, Lemur face painting
arts and crafts
- October 21: Festival Akomba Malandy
Events from LCN Member Organizations
SEED Madagascar & Ventura Wildlife Foundation: Ware, U.K.
- October 30: Madagascar Fundraiser Day
Hosted at Ventura Wildlife Foundation alongside the Halloween Member’s Day
open to members and non-members alike
Includes special Madagascar-themed talks and animal feeds led by our Rangers where you will be able to discover more about our lemurs, fossa and Madagascan teal.
At 2 pm in the Cassura Wildlife Lodge, we will have a presentation hosted by our special guest Mark Jacobs, Managing Director of SEED Madagascar, our in-situ conservation partners. All funds from the presentation will go towards supporting Project Ala.
- October 24-27: Juried Art ExhibitMondayMonday, October 24 – Grand prize winners are announced, and the online exhibition begins
Thursday, October 27 – Community favorite winner announced
- October 28: 50/50 Red Ruffed Raffle!
The Lemur Conservation Foundation is excited to announce its first online 50/50 fundraiser
Proceeds help save lemurs from extinction and one lucky winner will win 50%of the money raised!
Multiple Prizes & and the Chance to Choose the Red Ruffed Lemur Festival Queen!
- Legendary British comedian and lemur aficionado John Cleese returns this year to voice his second semi-annual charity commercial in support of the Duke Lemur Center’s Adopt a Lemur program! Symbolic lemur adoptions help support animal care at the Duke Lemur Center and the DLC’s conservation programs in Madagascar.
Events in the USA
- October 20: Lemurs to Dreamers Event
6 – 9 pm
Join us for an exciting evening out to support Conservation Fusion!
Nelly’s Rooftop Bar at Carson Group Headquarters
$45 per person includes 2 complimentary drinks, plated appetizers, and 2 tickets for one-of-a-kind raffles featuring artisan items from Madagascar
- October 28: World Lemur Day celebration
Free with admission
10am to 3pm
Activities about lemurs near the black and white ruffed lemur exhibit, including coloring sheets, lemur handprints, Ako projects, and learn about Madagascar.
- November 2: Lemur Conservation Day
10:00 am – 3:00 pm
Learn all about these amazing “ghosts of the forest” and discover how you can become a part of the conservation efforts helping the most endangered group of mammals on Earth. Enjoy watching the lemurs at play here at the Zoo, and have fun participating in special activities, including children’s games and crafts, and keeper talks. This event is included in general Zoo admission.
- November 12: Lemur Conservation Awareness Day
10 am – 2 pm (US Central)
Discover, Connect and Take Action for conservation at Blank Park Zoo. Activity stations are available from 10-2. All activities are included with admissions or with your Zoo Membership.
- October 23: World Lemur Day Rummage Sale
2 pm – 7 pm
Fundraiser for Lemur Love
Join AAZKSF in celebrating World Lemur Day at the first annual “World Lemur Day Rummage Sale.” Our chapter will be co-hosting this fantastic event along with our very own lemur specialist and our neighbors at the Pomeroy Center.
- October 28: World Lemur Day Celebration
6:00 pm @ King Maker Brewing
Join Endangered Primate Foundation (EPF) for a family-friendly FUNraiser in celebration of World Lemur Day!
Craft beers by King Maker Brewing/Food by The Big Boss Food Truck/50:50 Raffle/Kid activities/Games/Blown glass class/Lemur-themed merchandise for sale
Proceeds benefit EPF’s Prosimian Sanctuary, including 10% of Lemur Lager and food truck sales. Admission is FREE!
Parking is limited, so consider carpooling, Uber, or Lyft.
- October 29: The zoo will observe World Lemur Day on Saturday with a keeper chat at 1:30 p.m.
October 28: World Lemur DayPosting lemur-themed activities on social media for kids to do at home.A link to our informational video on lemurs.Live streaming our lemur minilecture at 11:30 am PST.
Catch it in person at the Cougar Mountain Zoo!
October 29 from 11 am-4pm
Included with regular zoo admission
Happy World Lemur Day! Today we celebrate the lemurs!
This is event is part of our Conservation Days Series. These exciting days are celebrated around the world and these days dive into the realm of certain animals or species and highlight conservation efforts.
There will be self-guided activities/crafts which will give guests a chance to learn about some of their favorite animals and how to help with their preservation. Interpretations or Keeper Chats may take place depending on the different animals and topics
- World Lemur Day celebration, details to come
- World Lemur Festival at the Houston Zoo
Saturday, October 29
10am to 3pm
Included with general admissionJump over to the Houston Zoo on Saturday, October 29, for our annual World Lemur Festival! Our year-round Zoo Crew teens will be hosting fun activities for all ages, such as scavenger hunts, games, and even a “We Love Lemurs Parade” from 3:00 to 3:30 p.m. Come help us save lemurs in the wild and learn about what the Houston Zoo’s partners are doing to save lemurs in the wild in Madagascar.There will also be a dance floor at the end of the Reflection Pool for guests to show off their dance moves and have fun celebrating lemurs just like our partners in Madagascar do. Dressing up as your favorite lemur is encouraged, just in time for Halloween!
- October 21-28: Lemur Art Auction
Art work created by the resident red-ruffed lemurs, will be auctioned off throughout the week to raise funds for the Lemur Conservation Foundation
- October 28: Instagram art sale
Fundraiser for Lemur Love Inc
The online sale will be on our Instagram page starting at 10 am
Inventory includes animal canvas paintings, bookmarks, magnets, and more!
Specials on our ornaments 1 for $8, 2 for $12, and 3 for $15!
Mix and match whichever you like, the more you buy the more you save
All you’ll have to do is comment “sold” with the corresponding product number and it’s yours.
- October 28: World Lemur Day Celebration
Enjoy fun, educational activities with our awesome docents, animal chats, enrichment, and more!
Durham, North Carolina
Lemur Trivia at the Devil’s Krafthouse
Friday October 28 @ 4:30pm
Organized by the Duke University Evolutionary Anthropology Department
- October 29: World Lemur Day activities
10 am – 1 pm, included with general admission
One activity is for a participant to waft a scent toward their friends. This honors lemurs who use their tails to flick or wave a scent to their rivals.
A jumping game will also be set up that day. This is a salute to the ability of some lemur species to jump as much as 10 feet or more.
Events in Europe and the U.K.
- October 28th: World Lemur Day Celebration
Special event including scheduled feeding times, raffle, games, and goodies for sale supporting the Association Européenne d’Etude et de Conservation des Lémuriens (AEECL)
- October 28th: World Lemur Day Celebration
13:00 – 15:00
Students of Primatology from the Autonoma University of Madrid will visit the lemur enclosures at Faunia and will receive several talks about lemur conservation. They will have the opportunity to talk with researchers and curators working with lemurs at the zoo and to discuss what can be done to save them from extinction. This event is included in general Zoo admission and it will be open to the rest of the public.
- November 4: World Lemur Festival Virtual Chat
19:00 (Spanish hour)
Online talk with Charlie Welch (Duke Lemur Center Conservation Coordinator). Assistants must pay in advance a donation to the Sava Conservation Project (https://lemur.duke.edu/protect/sava-conservation/). The amount of the donation will be the decision of each participant. More details of how to make the donations will be announced soon.
- Lemur painting auction proceeds donated to Lemur Love.
October 28: World Lemur Day Celebration10.30-16:00 at Shepreth Wildlife Park (included with regular Park admission)Lemur merchandise, facts, fun, and crafts, including keeper talks with the lemurs and conservation talks by lemur researchers from Oxford Brookes University.
- October 29-30
Keepers will be running games, mini VIP experiences, raffle and tombola.
Woburn Safari Park is raising money for Impact Madagascar
- November 4
Lemur keeper talks all day and symbolic animal adoptions
- October 29-30
Lemur-themed games, merchandise, and treats raising money for SEED
- October 28
Facebook Live session and keeper talks through the day with the opportunity for visitors to hand feed the lemurs. Visitors will also have the opportunity to get up close with our lemur conspiracies in our huge World Wide Safari walk-through enclosure.
- October 28: Educational lemur talks.
Events in Asia
- October 1st – October 31st
October 2nd, 9th, 16th, and 30th 13:00 (JST) ~ Keepers’ talk
October 10th 13:00~13:30(JST) Madagascar Quiz Event “TRUE or False”
October 23rd 15:00(JST)~ Live from Madagascar “Let’s go see Sifaka!”
October 1st -December 31st Lemur Photo Exhibition
- Game area will be open every day during the event.
“Wao-nage” (Ring toss game)
“Can you tell what this is?” (silhouette Quiz)
- World Lemur Festival 2022 in JMC Promotion video
~”Madagascar wa doko desuka?(Where is Madagascar?)” Special dance clip. Dance with Us! ~
Acoustic live will be held sometime/somewhere in the park! Sing with Us!
- Bingo Quiz about lemur (October 29th and 30th 13:30-14:00)
- Ruffed lemur baby name voting & Naming ceremony (October 30, 14:00)
- Charity T-shirt sales
- October 28 – 30: World Lemur Day Celebration
Plan your visit to Sharjah safari and join the celebration of World Lemur Day! During the weekend you will have a chance to create toy enrichment for a friendly lemur family, take part in scientific research, and have fun while creating your own lemur mask! Get ready for an adventure at the Spiny forest of Sharjah safari.
No extra fee is required, this event is included in the general ticket price.
- UAE_World Lemur Day_Sharjah safari
- Hoo Zoo
- Lemur Love Inc.
- Wild Welfare
- Marat Karpeka Lemur Foundation
- Rolling Hills Zoo
- Fresno Chaffee Zoo
- Chase Wildlife Conservancy
- Pueblo Zoo
- Port Lympne Safari Park
- Safari Zoo Cumbria
- Peppermint Narwhal
- Jackson Zoo
Tanana Silk is a non-profit organization working with artisans and farmers in Madagascar. They help provide incentives that protect the habitat of lemurs in northeast Madagascar. This year Ta’na’na Silk has partnered with Lemur Love on a special campaign to celebrate World Lemur Day and to sell limited-edition World Lemur Day ornaments to support the two organizations. Online sales will begin in mid-October.