Celebrate lemurs on World Lemur Day, Friday October 25, 2019! World Lemur Festival events will be held in Madagascar and around the world in October and November.
This event listing will be updated when new events are announced.
2019 Events Calendar
Events in Madagascar
Information coming soon.
Events in the USA
Charity Trivia at Solly’s Tavern, Hosted by the Lemur Conservation Network
- Wednesday, October 23, 2019
- Upstairs at Solly’s. Solly’s will be donating 10% of upstairs bar sales.
- Proceeds benefit the Duke Lemur Center’s SAVA conservation programs in Madagascar
Lemur Conservation Foundation Celebrates the World Lemur Festival at the Ringling College of Art and Design
- Saturday, October 12, 2019
- 1:00 PM – 4:00 PM
- Alfred R. Goldstein Library
- Ringling College of Art and Design, Sarasota
Celebrate and learn about Madagascar and its unique primates at the second annual World Lemur Festival. Enjoy activities for all ages. The Lemur Conservation Foundation is proud to partner with Ringling College of Art and Design and New College of Florida to bring this free, family-friendly celebration to our community for the second year in a row.
The World Lemur Festival is a series of international events held throughout the world in October to celebrate lemurs and raise awareness for lemur conservation. Events have been held in Madagascar, Hungary, Japan, Canada, Germany, and cities throughout the United States. The Lemur Conservation Foundation supports World Lemur Festival celebrations in both Andapa, Madagascar and Sarasota, Florida.
Activities for all ages include:
- Juried Art Exhibition – featuring lemur-themed artwork by students and faculty from our partnering colleges
- Free Raffle – don’t miss your chance to win a small, group tour at the Lemur Conservation Foundation’s private reserve in Myakka City, Florida
- Fun and Games – conservation activities for children, including face painting, coloring, storytime, and more
- Film Screenings – learn about lemurs and life in Madagascar
- INKtober Drawing Demos – watch RCAD instructors Rebecca Zomchek (Illustration) and George Cwirko-Godycki (Computer Animation) draw ink images featuring lemurs right before your eyes
- Expert Talks – featuring Dr. Erik Patel, LCF Conservation & Research Director, and Gary Schumer, RCAD Computer Animation Instructor and artist
- Free Snacks – try Nature’s Path EnviroKidz delicious cereal bars and learn how EnviroKidz and LCF have partnered up to help save lemurs
- Out and About Coffee – coffee available for purchase
Students and faculty at Ringling College of Art and Design and New College of Florida are eligible to submit entries for the juried exhibition. To enter, please complete the submission form here: bit.ly/lemur2019.
Event illustration by Rachel Turner
Events in Europe
Information coming soon.